Alchemist’s Brew by Silk Road
From the Silk Road Tea Store website:
Flavour profile: a zesty & refreshing tea with a tantalizing reddish pink hue
ingredients: hibiscus flowers, spearmint leaves, lemongrass, rosehips, cinnamon bark, citrus peel
Silk Road has a tea shop in BC but will ship to elsewhere in Canada. This one was actually from a friend of mine. Full disclosure I’m not a big fan of hibiscus flowers in any tea. Silk Road doesn’t have brewing instructions for their individual teas.. which is annoying.
They do however have brewing instructions in a general sense for all of their teas and it as as follows:
- herbal tea bring water to a full, rolling boil | steep 7-10 minutes
- wellness tea bring water to a full, rolling boil | cover & steep 7-10 minutes
- green tea bring water to just before the boil begins | steep 1-3 minutes
- black tea bring water to a full, rolling boil | steep 2-5 minutes
- white tea bring water to just before the boil begins | steep 3-5 minutes
- oolong tea bring water to the boil | steep 5-7 minutes
Since this is listed under their herbal teas that’s the instructions I went with for this cup.
I steeped it for 10 minutes so it looks like a dark red ruby fruit juice. I definitely get hints of minty freshness from it as well as a more sour berry juice flavour which would probably be the hibiscus mixed with lemon. Makes almost for a heavy ruby lemonade tea feel but not quite enough lemon for that. It definitely won’t be to everyone’s taste and I wouldn’t order it for myself. I would probably like it better if it didn’t have Hibiscus in it.